Problem installing debugging tools

I don’t know what is happening exactly. yesterday I received a programmer board so I installed everything following the guide on FAQs (https://docs.particle.io/faq/particle-tools/local-build/photon/#installation-windows). It seemed to worked as far as I got then. But today, my computer had a complete failure (some driver installed yesterday? I’ll never know) and I had to format and reinstall W10.

I am trying to follow the guide again and I am stuck at “Building” section. I am supposed to execute "make all…"
But I get something like “make is not recognized as an internal or external command…”.

Checking, I see that I downloaded ParticleCLI utility, and installed it. But I think nothing have been installed or at least, environmental variables are not. My PATH variable is untouch. Is there any problem with this exe file? Do I have to go all the proccess without using it?

EDIT: I installed dfu-utils by hand. Seems to work too but I get version 0.8 instead of 0.9 even when I downloaded 0.9 version. Is it right?

make command is still missing.

You might want to try installing Make: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm

I just did. now it is recognized. Thank you.

But, this is what I get:

C:\Users\user\Documents\src\firmware\modules>make all PLATFORM=photon
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, which crc32, …) failed.
…/build/common-tools.mk:26: *** “crc32 tool is not found”. Alto.

C:\Users\user\Documents\src\firmware\modules>

I have crc32 file on cygwin folder as tutorial says. Do I have to put it in another folder?

Well, I got to the point I was yesterday. In eclipse, I got one error before building: Program “arm-none-eabi-echo” not found in…

Any idea?

This error I get when I try to build:

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
make[1]: *** [C:/Users/myuser/Documents/src/firmware/modules/photon/system-part1/makefile] Error 1

I don’t know what it is about. I just copied tinkerbreak example but I guess this is related to a makefile or so…

You need to install the gcc-arm toolchain as well.

Thank you. I think I got it. I have a weird problem with environmental variables. They keep erasing themselves any time I close the tab. But I was able to load tinkerbreak and test breaking points.

What should I do to test a big app with .ino file as main file? Should I rename the extension? to cpp? how do I declare it as main file?

Well… apart from that, I think I just burned a photon. Don’t know what happened. I powered on this morning in the jtag board and no light response apart from L7, which is on all the time. I will check if there is something I can do with it.

In Windows you need to set the environment variables via the Control Panel or RegEdit. When you do it in a normal cmd window they are only sandboxed (unless you also use the /M switch with SET)

I am doing through the environmental variables form. in Control Panel. It seems that if you add a new line to an existing variable (ie: PATH), it is added with double quotes. I need to remove those double quotes to be able to save the new variables.