Photons shipped?

Has anybody see this thread?
This may have answered some of the above questions.

I did

It didn't -- but it was answered here in a thread that isn't locked and open for conversation. But I appreciate your suggestion.

First post on the forum, Iā€™ve been lurking on the SmartThings forum for a while now, Iā€™m bursting out of my seat waiting for these thingsā€¦ I canā€™t wait to make my Window Blind tilters and integrate them into SmartThingsā€¦ Itā€™s crazy how cheap they are and how much I want them, Particleā€™s got a maker gold mine!

2 Likes

Any news? Iā€™ve checked my order and itā€™s opened, unpaid and in waiting state.

Just an FYI

I purchased a headerless Photon Sunday 6/28 and got a charge notification today 6/29. Looks like headerless Photons are more available?

@Yaro can you tell me how you checked your order? I canā€™t seem to find any mechanism on this site to do so short of sending an email to hello@particle.io
Thanks

As someone that was part of the first 1000 and just ordered a single Photon, I want to chime in and add that it arrived on 6/27. The distribution center that it was shipped from is 120 miles away from my delivery address so maybe that helped.

When I placed order I got this email:

"Your order details are below, please be sure to review them and update
your order immediately if you see any errors. You can update your
shipping address or payment information in Order Lookup.

The first run of pre-orders is currently scheduled for delivery in March 2015. "

This is Order Lookup link: https://dashboard.trycelery.com/status

March is far away, but link seems working.

That is (or WAS) March of 2015. That was when the photon was originally scheduled to go out. All pre-orders are currently being fulfilled, so if the email you received was from an email, it should be on its way soon.

My preorder was in the 6000ā€™s. It still shows unpaid/unfulfilled and it was supposed to ship by last week according to Particleā€™s shipping update post. Can anybody who just received the Photon chime in with his order rank? Iā€™m really growing impatient!

My preorder was in the 6000ā€™s too. It still shows unpaid/unfulfilled too. Today is July 1st.

Order open
Payment paid
Fulfillment failed

:frowning:

I pre-ordered 3xPhotons (with headers) in Jan 2015 (within the 1st 10000 shipment batch) but my order still says:
Open
Unpaid
Unfulfilled

Not sure how long itā€™s going to take to finally arrive :frowning:

Hi @the_fellowship, @tdphan, @jaafar - I know you have been waiting patiently for your Photons and we really appreciate that and understand your frustrations. Good news is that our goal is for our warehouse to ship all Photon, Maker Kit, and module orders that were placed in the first run by the end of this week. Because of the holiday, shipping might roll into Monday of next week but we are going to try and avoid that. We will be sending out a community update today on Photon shipping with similar information. I hope this helps and thanks again for your patience.

3 Likes

It's great to see the communication on the issue and it is appreciated.

Patience is a virtue, but getting your new photon... heavenly!

What constitues being in the first run? Is this all pre-orders? Previously the word was all pre-orders would be out this week, but if not all orders are in first run it sounds like we may be in for a longer wait?

Mine says:

Open
Paid
Fulfilled

It has said that since practically the day I ordered in 2014. But still no Photon. :frowning:

Latest update has production on hold again!? And this is why consumers should NEVER pre-order products from any company. They already have my money (I ordered the prototyping bundle), so Iā€™m sure Iā€™m their lowest priority.

I feel sorry for those who ordered Electrons because theyā€™ll have to go through this all over again.

Well, you are attempting to work on the leading edge of IoT technology. Nobody else has a full stack solution for real world I/O, cloud services and Mobile SDK. And this one WORKS beautifully and reliably. Its a bit unfair to clang these guys for difficulty in meeting the delivery goal set before the product was fully developed, or even the revised delivery goals, as they had a surprising mistake at the CM. Ever miss a deadline bro?

These are Kickstarter projectsā€¦ :wink:

As Iā€™ve said here before, if you are in a rush, buy a Core. They work, they are in stock and Iā€™ve bought several while waiting for Photons. At less than $50, whatā€™s the problem? It will get used for something good, if even just a spare code test platform.

That said, Particle does need to improve the visibility of order status to customers. That sort of access to information is not brain science. Id say its time for a new warehouse/fulfillment centerā€¦ Particle lacks gray hair (with the exception of @zach, who may have earned it early). I donā€™t think they really understand how much the communication deficiency may be hurting their reputation, and how extensive that damage can get. Bad newā€™s travels 10 times further and faster than good news. Its just how humans are wired. I hope they get that soon.

Iā€™m also on deck for a few electrons and will be happy if they show up this fall, but not surprised if they donā€™t. The folks at Particle wonā€™t let them ship until they are READY to use.

5 Likes

Itā€™s great to see that the cyber Monday folk are being take of now (Iā€™m not one of them), but what about those of us that ordered the prototyping bundle? I personally have three photons on the way from that bundle that I have been charged for, but have little to no insight as to when these devices will arrive, especially since the order status has said ā€œfulfilledā€ ever since the core was shipped.