I’m reporting a panic that happens after updating my Photon from 0.8.0 to 1.2.1 and the solution I found.
Background: I have a device that has been unplugged for about a year. It was on 0.8.0. It was recently turned on and a WiFi antenna added. I wanted to set the WiFi.antennaSelection to AUTO. I pulled up my old code, added that line, flashed OTA. Now when user code starts I get a panic. I retrieved the unit and duplicated the problem at my desk.
Solution: How much of this is necessary I do not know, but this is what I did.
- Use the Web IDE to flash Blink LED on 1.2.1 to the device. That worked.
- Use Visual Studio Code (VSC) to flash my application OTA. Same panic.
- Remove WiFi antenna selection from code. Use VSC to flash OTA. Same panic.
- In VSC Configure For Device, select 0.8.0 rc10 and Photon. Flash OTA. Works.
- In VSC Configure For Device, select 1.0.1 and photon. Flash OTA. Works.
- Repeat step 5 using 1.1.1, 1.2.1. Each flash OTA and the code runs.
- In VSC add back the WiFi antenna selection line. Flash OTA. Works.
So, in the end I am now running 1.2.1 with the antenna selection code fine.
Seems like some problem going from 0.8.0 up to 1.2.1 on a Photon.