Photon Manufacturing/Shipping Update

Hey everyone,

It’s been 7 days since our last update, so here’s the latest.

Update on Photons - The good news is that over 10K Photons were shipped out in the last 10 days or so, and another 5K shipments will continue to go out throughout this current week (June 29) and next. Customers who were part of our Cyber Monday pre-order special have been appropriately prioritized within our pre-order stack–shoot us an email if you have any additional fulfillment questions.

Unfortunately, we’ve run into a potential issue with one of suppliers of the voltage regulator part that I spoke to earlier in this thread. We’re concerned that one distributor may have provided us with genuine samples with the intention of delivering a large shipment of approximately 20,000 fake units once we transferred payment (we haven’t). This means that Photon manufacturing is currently on hold until we can locate further supply or confirm the intent of the original distributor.

Update on Shields - In my last update, I mentioned part purchasing issues for a few of the shields. The updated delivery timelines for those replacement parts are as follows:

• Shield Shield - 7/4 in factory
  • Internet Button - 7/4 in factory
  • Power Shield - 7/6 in factory

Due to the relatively smaller volume of the shields compared with the Photon PCBs, our CM has counseled that we need to align the PCB assembly and production schedules for the projects. We’re aiming for the following schedule for the shields:

• PCBA - Week of 7/6
  • Shipping to US - 7/11 to 7/14
  • Fulfillment from US to customers - beginning 7/15

Especially regarding the Photons, I will post an update on the sourcing effort in advance of the usual 1 week interval if there is news to share, since it is the central issue driving the rest of our fulfillment schedule.

Thanks again for the patience, everyone. Feel free to reach out to us if you’ve got additional questions. Our goal is to provide as clear and as transparent feedback and updates to everyone as possible, so let us know if there’s something we can be doing better.

8 Likes