Permission denied

I just rebooted my computer, reloaded VS and when I try to compile the same project I was working on I get permission denied. I am logged in to particle.io and have the device defined. Please help.

/bin/bash: z:/Personal/Electronics/particle/wind_speed/target/2.2.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld: Permission denied
Creating z:/Personal/Electronics/particle/wind_speed/target/2.2.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld ...
/bin/bash: z:/Personal/Electronics/particle/wind_speed/target/2.2.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld: Permission denied
Creating z:/Personal/Electronics/particle/wind_speed/target/2.2.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld ...
c:/users/thead/.particle/toolchains/gcc-arm/9.2.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot open linker script file platform_user_ram.ld: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [makefile:53: z:/Personal/Electronics/particle/wind_speed/target/2.2.0/boron/wind_speed_fi.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [../build/recurse.mk:12: modules/boron/user-part] Error 2
make: *** [C:\Users\thead\.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.10.0\Makefile:68: compile-user] Error 2
The terminal process "C:\Users\thead\.particle\toolchains\buildtools\1.1.1\bin\bash.exe '-c', 'make -f 'C:\Users\thead\.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.10.0\Makefile' compile-user -s'" terminated with exit code: 2.

I don’t know what happened. I copied the project folder to a new name, change the properties folder and now it works on the new file.

1 Like

That is strange! Was everything installed and connected in the project?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.