Particle variable queries erroring out

I submitted a support ticket, but I see no status updates from Particle yet. Every time we try to read a device variable via the API, we get a 404. The Particle Console also returns an error reading the same variables. Function calls seem to work fine though.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Same here! Major problem.

Thanks for confirming. Guessing Particle will confirm shortly.

Same here and everyone one of my customers!!!

Nothing from Particle or on the status.particle site.

Have we confirmed Particle is aware?

Support got back to me and said their test devices didn’t show the issue and requested examples. Waiting to hear back after providing those.

@dave can you look into this? I also have this problem and getting reports from MANY different customers.

Hey all,

I’m not seeing this variable issue when testing, what version of system firmware are you using? Can you PM me a device-id or two of a device that’s having this issue?

Thanks,
David

@Dave, I sent you four examples earlier, including firmware versions v6.1, v6.2, and v7.0.

Hey all,

Thanks for the info, I’m reviewing the metrics and pulling in the cloud team, sounds like there might have been a change that impacted variables for some devices but didn’t set off alarms. We’re working on fixing it now.

Thanks,
David

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Variables just started working for me now!

1 Like

The change was rolled back and we’re monitoring the metrics now. Thanks again for the ping!

Thanks,
David

Confirmed here too. Thanks!

1 Like