Interested? Apply Here
Particle is hiring a Head of Developer Marketing to accelerate the expansion of our developer community and to help Particle strengthen our lead as the world’s most widely used IoT development platform.
At Particle, we believe fundamentally in the value of our awesome community of developers. To date, our community includes more than 125,000 engineers in more than 170 countries building IoT products and projects with our development tools and collaborating in-person and online… Our community creates value for Particle by providing us with product feedback, creating projects and content that showcase our platform, contributing to our open source projects, and helping each other solve complicated and challenging problems.
Particle is looking for a Head of Community Growth with experience working and engaging with engineers to build the team and strategy that will exponentially accelerate the growth of our beloved community of developers.
We expect you to be passionate, creative, and analytical. You’ll have access to all our existing channels of engagement, and will measure the viability and success of your initiatives through thoughtfully defined metrics. You should be a good listener who can advocate for and represent the voice of the developer, as well as a clear communicator who can craft messages that resonate with our community.
- You will serve as the strategic and tactical lead for increasing the size and engagement of the Particle developer community
- You will determine a comprehensive set of metrics for measuring community growth and developer engagement
- You will work to define, hire, and manage a team to execute on a full range of marketing activities that support our growth and engagement objectives
- You will design and execute on developer marketing initiatives that leverage new and existing channels
- You will work collaboratively to optimize the efficacy of Particle’s developer marketing channels over time
- Local employment – For this role, lunch table conversation is important.
- You must be willing to work out of our office in the SOMA district of San Francisco
- You should have previous working experience growing developer and/or engineering communities. Direct experience building IoT or embedded projects a major plus.
- You should have 3-5 years of experience in a community engagement or growth marketing role or a Master’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in a community engagement or growth marketing role
- You should have excellent analytical skills
- Experience with online advertising and user acquisition platforms/tools
- Experience analyzing user data by utilizing third party analytics platforms
Working at Particle
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Company mobile phone
- Commuter/telecommuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- Career planning and professional development
- Work with an unbelievably talented and close-knit team
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We’ve built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we’ve shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle’s platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.