"npm ERR! Callback called more than once." when CLI being installed in Visual Studio Code

Full error is:

"C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\particle\node-v5.4.1-windows-x64\lib\node_modules\npm\cli.js" "install" "particle-cli"
! npm ERR! node v5.4.1
! npm ERR! npm v3.3.10
!
! npm ERR! Callback called more than once.
! npm ERR!
! npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
! npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues
!
! npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
! npm ERR! C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\particle\npm-debug.log
!
! Try running again with GODE_DEBUG=info to see more output.

at makeError (C:\Users\chris\.vscode\extensions\particle.particle-vscode-core-1.0.0-alpha.6\node_modules\execa\index.js:174:9)
at module.exports.Promise.all.then.arr (C:\Users\chris\.vscode\extensions\particle.particle-vscode-core-1.0.0-alpha.6\node_modules\execa\index.js:278:16)
at <anonymous>

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the particle-vscode-core-1.0.0-alpha.6.vsix extension a couple of times, along with reboots. Do I need to install some Javascript/Node extensions to Visual Studio Code first?

Thanks in advance,
-CK

Is it possible to run ‘particle setup’ from the command line, and have the Visual Studio Code install ‘see’ that version?
Thanks.

Ran the command line from the log in CMD, both as User and as Admin. Same results.

"C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\particle\node-v5.4.1-windows-x64\bin\node.exe" "C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\particle\node-v5.4.1-windows-x64\lib\node_modules\npm\cli.js" "install" "particle-cli"

Am going back to the web IDE for now, but hope that someone might give me some idea how to work around this.

Works now, through no fault of my own. :slight_smile: YMMV.