NOOB: Control Photon just using browser

Can I simply type in an https:\… url in my browser bar and get my Particle to respond to it?

if so - could I have some examples please? :slight_smile:

Simon

Depending on how you define “respond”, yes. Using a browser you can request variables. You can, however, not trigger a function by just entering the URL. This has to do with HTML conventions regarding a REST API. A browser makes a GET request, where a POST request is needed for a function call. That’s not to say you can’t trigger things with a webpage. I’ve made this example one which lets you use your functions/variables easily. If you take a look at the tutorial category on the forums, there are some guides available to get you started on how to make those calls. Worthwhile checking out!
Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks - just wanted to know if it could be done via browser alone - I’ve googled POST/GET and see that its not
Ta :smile:
Simon

You can use cURL to POST, and here is a link to a good tutorial on cURL and how to install/use it.

If you want t a complete (and very simple) web page code made with html and javascript that will run a function, message back and I’ll post it for you.

If you are a Swift programmer, there is a complete app available on GitHub in my account name BendrixL.

Good luck!