if(strstr(ap[i].ssid, "KonektedMac"))
      gotMyMacCreds = true;
  }
  if(!gotMyMacCreds)
    WiFi.setCredentials("KonektedMac");
  waitUntil(Particle.connected);
  // yada yada

network is set up like this:

I can connect other devices to the unsecured network, but my Photons will not connect…

I am trying to set up a product demo, anyone see my issue?

It probably won’t do so well if I have to futz with networking for a half hour before I demo the products!!

You may want to tell the WiFi module to give up trying to connect by calling WiFi.disconnect() before WiFi.setCredentials() - just to be on the safe side :wink:
And then just call Particle.connect() again

So I kept attempting to do this but could not get the unsecured network to stick. Wanting to see what was going on, I added a small wait for a pass of serial data so that I could see if the credentials were indeed set.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while(!Serial.available());
  WiFiAccessPoint ap[5];
  int found = WiFi.getCredentials(ap, 5);
  bool gotMyMacCreds = false;
  for (int i = 0; i < found; i++) {
    if(strstr(ap[i].ssid, "KonektedMac"))
    {
      gotMyMacCreds = true;
      Serial.println("had creds");
    }
  }
  if(!gotMyMacCreds)
  {
    WiFi.setCredentials("KonektedMac");
    Serial.println("set creds");
  }
  waitUntil(Particle.connected);

After attempting to get this set of credentials stored many times without the wait, the first run of the above code showed “set creds.” the 2nd time,: “had creds.”

Well it all worked out but I’m curious to know why the credentials didn’t seem to “stick” on the first (many) attempts.[quote=“ScruffR, post:2, topic:30973”]
You may want to tell the WiFi module to give up trying to connect by calling WiFi.disconnect() before WiFi.setCredentials() - just to be on the safe side :wink:And then just call Particle.connect() again
[/quote]

Perhaps that has something to do with it but, I am onto other things t get this product finished!!!