Mesh - Local IDE and 3rd Part Sims

Hello all,

Just trying to get myself ready for you new Mesh devices and was looking at the github repo and could not see anything to do with the new devices so my question is how will I use a local IDE like Eclipse? Will these new devices have PLATFORM_ID’s and be programmed in the similar fashion to the Electron and Photon? Eclipse makes the development lifecycle very easy.

The Boron 3G states Dual Sim Nano 4FF and MMF2, I assume MMF2 is locked to your service provider but will we have the ability to include 3rd Party SIM’s using a Nano 4FF?

Thankyou

Hayden

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

Yes, the new mesh devices will use the same build system as the existing devices. You should be able to use the gcc-arm local build as well as the cloud-based tools. The updates to do this have not been released yet, which is why you don’t see it in the Github yet.

The Boron does have both. The MMF2 is locked to our provider and is not programmable (it’s not a programmable e-sim, it’s essentially a SMD SIM card), like the E series. The nano 4FF SIM card slot can be used with 3rd-party SIM card like the Electron. Though I believe it has a better locking SIM card socket connector.

4 Likes

Thanks @rickkas7 and @KyleG. Thats great. Seems like it will be a smooth transition.