That’s most of it, actually.
I am using a Spark Core and I need to power up some leds. I made a PWM driven transistor circuit so that I don’t have to power them up directly with the current drawn from the pins (as far as I understand, they support approx. 40 mA max, so I definitely don’t want to burn them). The energy source for my PWM driven circuit, however, is the 3.3 V pin on the Spark itself, which should be directly connected to the power supply and not go through the most delicate parts of the chip.
- Am I right about that? Is it safe to use the 3.3 V pin to power up my leds?
- What is the maximum current that that pin can provide?
Thanks a lot!