Live data->GIS feed, what is best?

Hey Particle community,

I am looking into feeding my data live into a GIS map or analytical map of some sort,

There is the painful way through microsoft azure which I have tried so many times but now just given up, though I am looking into google, this seems to be an ok way but still very hard to get data live feeding onto a map.

The data I want to feed is environmental values.

Has anyone come across a cloud or online service that is fairly good to feed live data onto.

Cheers,

Erkele

Hey there!

I think people have had the most success using Google Maps. There are a bunch of asset tracker examples that you can find in the community, including this one:

1 Like

Hello @will

I am more interested in logging environmental data onto a google map, for example some way to heatmap the water temp of a river. I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this. Im not really interested in asset tracking as of yet.

If you can help that would be great.

Erkele

Maybe this is what you are looking for:
Grafana Worldmap Panel

The only applications that I have personally seen that integrate with Google maps are asset tracking applications. This is one of the best tutorials that I've seen on Asset Tracking with a google maps integration

Hope that helps!

1 Like