Library of tone music?

I’ve got a project where I want to play a few different sounds based on events. I’ve got a piezo buzzer wired up that I can play sound through…but now I need to select a sound.

Does anyone know of a library (ie. list, not necessarily “library” in the sense of importable code) of simple sounds/songs/tunes that have been written for the tone function? Like, “Super Mario Theme” and “Zelda Theme” and “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies”, etc, etc.

In other words, I’m kind of in the position of choosing several sounds like you do with your phone for “message received” or “incoming call” or “facebook update”. Rather than compose them from scratch, I’d love to just grab a few that someone else has put together. Does such a list exist?

Not that I know of, but the InternetButton library has some functions to play melody sentences.
See this thread [PHOTON] GoT Theme

Or you could go wild and add one of these cheap MP3 player modules
See this thread A great & very cheap MP3 sound module without need for a library!

2 Likes

@micahwedemeyer, take a look at the Internet Button library on Particle Build. The library includes an example called “MakingMusic” which will do exactly what you’re looking for I believe. All you will need to do is get the musical notes for the tunes you want! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll just have to find some sheet music or note lists for a given tune and convert that by hand.

1 Like