Thanks for helping us test Libraries 2.0, which is currently in beta in each of our three primary development tools:
- Command Line interface (CLI)
- Desktop IDE (Dev)
- Web IDE (Build)
Please read this draft documentation about Libraries 2.0 before continuing with the installation of these beta tools.
NOTE: You need to make sure that your Particle device is running v0.5.3 or later in order to take advantage of the new Libraries 2.0 architecture. All applications that are migrated to the new project structure required by Libraries 2.0 will only work on devices running v053 or later, and migration is non-reversible.
The purpose of this post is to:
- Provide everyone with the most up-to-date instructions for testing Libraries 2.0 in their Particle IDE of choice (CLI, Dev, Build)
- Serve as a changelog that notifies users of new versions of our beta tools and the improvements that have been made in the new release
1. Web IDE (Build)
Current version: Always up-to-date
To test Libraries 2.0 with Build, simply log into your Particle account at https://build-canary.particle.io . All changes will be deployed there in real time–no need to download, update, or install to take advantage of our latest development efforts.
2. Desktop IDE (Dev)
Current version: v0.2.16
To use Libraries 2.0 in Particle Dev, follow these instructions:
- Open Atom or Particle Dev
- Reveal command palette (Cmd+Shift+P on macOS and Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows/Linux)
- Type “install packages” and select Settings View: Install Packages and Themes
- Search for
- Click Install next to the package
To update the Atom package (
particle-dev-libraries) that facilitates Libraries 2.0, navigate to the Settings screen of Particle Dev by selecting Atom > Preferences. Go to the Updates tab and click the Check for Updates button. This will update your
particle-dev-libraries package to the most recent version available.
Consult Readme for usage instructions.
3. Command Line Interface (CLI)
Current version: v1.19.0-libraries.23
Installing the Particle CLI is a simple process. Simply type the following npm command into your terminal:
npm install -g https://github.com/spark/particle-cli/releases/download/v1.19.0-libraries.23/particle-cli-1.19.0-libraries.23.tgz