[issue] (E0 LTE) GoogleMapsDeviceLocator not firing

I’m attempting to use the GoogleMapsDeviceLocator library on an E0 LTE and the integration doesn’t seem to be firing. The integration is set up and the “test” was successful. According to the Console and the LED on the dev board I haven’t lost connection other than intentional resets. (I have a very strong -48 dBm signal currently.) Build is targeted at v0.8.0-rc.11.

#include <google-maps-device-locator.h>

SerialLogHandler logHandler;

GoogleMapsDeviceLocator locator;

void setup() {
    Serial.begin(9600);
    locator.withSubscribe(locationCallback).withLocatePeriodic(30);
}

void locationCallback(float lat, float lon, float accuracy) {
    String data = String::format(
        "{ \"lat\": \"%f\", \"lon\": \"%f\", \"acc\": \"%f\" }",
        lat, lon, accuracy);
    Particle.publish("Callback", data, PRIVATE);
}

void loop() {
    locator.loop();
}

When connected with serial, I’m getting nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is there any known limitation with the CAT-M1 and this integration?

As a fun little side note, if I unplug the USB cable from my computer while running ‘particle serial monitor’ I get a BSOD.

It won’t work until the library is updated. The E402 and Boron LTE (SARA-R410-M-02B) use a different command, AT+UCGED, instead of AT+CGED, and the result format is different.

It should work once updated, but it hasn’t been updated yet.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Is there a rough ETA on that update? I don’t know nearly enough about AT commands to contribute.

Unfortunately I now think it's not possible to do Google maps geolocation on the SARA-R410M-02B (E Series LTE) and Boron LTE, because AT+UCGED doesn't support the modes that return the necessary information.

The details are here: