Google Map Tracking issues

boron
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe21ba154a0>

Hello Everyone,

I have tried everything to get the google map tracking working with my Boron. I have tested the API from the particle website and it tests fine, I can also see it hit my API on google’s site when I test it using the test button on the particle site.

However I simply cannot get my Boron to report anything back to the events in the console at all. This is the sample code I am using:

GoogleMapsDeviceLocator locator;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  // Scan for visible networks and publish to the cloud every 30 seconds
  // Pass the returned location to be handled by the locationCallback() method
  locator.withSubscribe(locationCallback).withLocatePeriodic(30);
}

void locationCallback(float lat, float lon, float accuracy) {
  // Handle the returned location data for the device. This method is passed three arguments:
  // - Latitude
  // - Longitude
  // - Accuracy of estimated location (in meters)
}

void loop() {
  locator.loop();
}

It flashes just fine to the Boron but it does nothing? Is there something else I need to do to get the Boron talking to google maps? Perhaps I am leaving out the a step? I followed the tutorial here:

https://docs.particle.io/tutorials/integrations/google-maps/

Its been 3 days now and I am ready to give up. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Is this a Boron 2G/3G or Boron LTE?
Not all ublox modules support aGPS or cell tower location.

Hello,

It is a brand new Boron LTE. I have got all kinds of things to work with it. I can turn on lights /leds/ servos no issues. However nothing I do makes the Google Maps work! Its very frustrating.

Does anyone know if there is something left out of the tutorial to get this working? If you follow it step by step it will not work. Is there something that has to be done first? I am online with Boron I can turn LEDS on and off. Is there some type of diagnostic that can be ran? Or a different more complete tutorial?

I am using the Web IDE and Console does that make a difference? In my event log I see all my software installs and reboots but nothing else.

Thank you for any help!

The Google Map Device Locator does not currently work on the Boron LTE. On Device OS 1.2.0 and later it should be possible to make it work but I have not updated the library to support it yet. I’ll do so soon.

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I really felt upset with myself after fallowing the tutorial and failing every time. I am new to this so I figured it was me.

Thank you!