Is the old Particle WEB IDE good for Photon 2?

(post moved here by @gusgonnet)

Hi rickkas7. I am having trouble opening a new topic regarding the following question. Is the old WEB IDE still good for the Photon 2? How does it recognize you are compiling for Photon 2
I used my existing sketch and changed CPU pin allocations
The compiler does not recognize D18 or S3.
Would you help me please many thanks

When you have a Photon2 claimed to your account you can select that device in the Web IDE target list (click the gold star next to the name) to tell Web IDE that this is the platform you want to build for.

However, my P2's don't seem to be listed under the platform category, but under the "product" I had to assign the devices to during setup

1 Like

Thanks for your help Sir. However I am getting 2 errors regarding my soft app. THis soft app allows me to set up the new WiFi info when the device is moved to a different location which was quite handy. This soft App was given to me by one of our kind community members
Now I am getting 2 errors.
photon-2.cpp:61:21: variable 'Header h' has initializer but incomplete Type
photon-2.cpp:83:19: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct Writer'
I wouldn't know how to correct this error!
#include <JsonParserGeneratorRK.h>
#pragma SPARK_NO_PREPROCESSOR

#include "Particle.h"
#include "softap_http.h"

struct Page
{
    const char* url;
    const char* mime_type;
    const char* data;
};

const char index_html[] = "<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta name='viewport' content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1'><title>Setup your device</title><link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='style.css'></head><body><h1>Connect me to your WiFi!</h1><h3>My device ID:</h3><input type=text id='device-id' size='25' value='' disabled/><button type='button' class='input-helper' id='copy-button'>Copy</button><div id='scan-div'><h3>Scan for visible WiFi networks</h3><button id='scan-button' type='button'>Scan</button></div><div id='networks-div'></div><div id='connect-div' style='display: none'><p>Don't see your network? Move me closer to your router, then re-scan.</p><form id='connect-form'><input type='password' id='password' size='25' placeholder='password'/><button type='button' class='input-helper' id='show-button'>Show</button><button type='submit' id='connect-button'>Connect</button></form></div><script src='rsa-utils/jsbn_1.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/jsbn_2.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/prng4.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/rng.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/rsa.js'></script><script src='script.js'></script></body></html>";

const char rsa_js[] = "function parseBigInt(a,b){return new BigInteger(a,b);}function linebrk(a,b){var c='';var d=0;while(d+b<a.length){c+=a.substring(d,d+b)+'\\n';d+=b;}return c+a.substring(d,a.length);}function byte2Hex(a){if(a<0x10)return '0'+a.toString(16);else return a.toString(16);}function pkcs1pad2(a,b){if(b<a.length+11){alert('Message too long for RSA');return null;}var c=new Array();var d=a.length-1;while(d>=0&&b>0){var e=a.charCodeAt(d--);if(e<128)c[--b]=e;else if((e>127)&&(e<2048)){c[--b]=(e&63)|128;c[--b]=(e>>6)|192;}else{c[--b]=(e&63)|128;c[--b]=((e>>6)&63)|128;c[--b]=(e>>12)|224;}}c[--b]=0;var f=new SecureRandom();var g=new Array();while(b>2){g[0]=0;while(g[0]==0)f.nextBytes(g);c[--b]=g[0];}c[--b]=2;c[--b]=0;return new BigInteger(c);}function RSAKey(){this.n=null;this.e=0;this.d=null;this.p=null;this.q=null;this.dmp1=null;this.dmq1=null;this.coeff=null;}function RSASetPublic(a,b){if(a!=null&&b!=null&&a.length>0&&b.length>0){this.n=parseBigInt(a,16);this.e=parseInt(b,16);}else alert('Invalid RSA public key');}function RSADoPublic(a){return a.modPowInt(this.e,this.n);}function RSAEncrypt(a){var b=pkcs1pad2(a,(this.n.bitLength()+7)>>3);if(b==null)return null;var c=this.doPublic(b);if(c==null)return null;var d=c.toString(16);if((d.length&1)==0)return d;else return '0'+d;}RSAKey.prototype.doPublic=RSADoPublic;RSAKey.prototype.setPublic=RSASetPublic;RSAKey.prototype.encrypt=RSAEncrypt;";

const char style_css[] = "html{height:100%;margin:auto;background-color:white}body{box-sizing:border-box;min-height:100%;padding:20px;background-color:#1aabe0;font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode','Lucida Grande',sans-serif;font-weight:normal;color:white;margin-top:0;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;margin-bottom:0;max-width:400px;text-align:center;border:1px solid #6e6e70;border-radius:4px}div{margin-top:25px;margin-bottom:25px}h1{margin-top:25px;margin-bottom:25px}button{border-color:#1c75be;background-color:#1c75be;color:white;border-radius:5px;height:30px;font-size:15px;font-weight:bold}button.input-helper{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe;color:#6e6e70;margin-left:3px}button:disabled{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe;color:white}input[type='text'],input[type='password']{background-color:white;color:#6e6e70;border-color:white;border-radius:5px;height:25px;text-align:center;font-size:15px}input:disabled{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe}input[type='radio']{position:relative;bottom:-0.33em;margin:0;border:0;height:1.5em;width:15%}label{padding-top:7px;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:5%;display:inline-block;width:80%;text-align:left}input[type='radio']:checked+label{font-weight:bold;color:#1c75be}.scanning-error{font-weight:bold;text-align:center}.radio-div{box-sizing:border-box;margin:2px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;background-color:white;color:#6e6e70;border:1px solid #6e6e70;border-radius:3px;width:100%;padding:5px}#networks-div{margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;text-align:left}#device-id{text-align:center}#scan-button{min-width:100px}#connect-button{display:block;min-width:100px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;margin-bottom:20px}#password{margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:10px}";

const char rng_js[] = "var rng_state;var rng_pool;var rng_pptr;function rng_seed_int(a){rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=a&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>8)&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>16)&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>24)&255;if(rng_pptr>=rng_psize)rng_pptr-=rng_psize;}function rng_seed_time(){rng_seed_int(new Date().getTime());}if(rng_pool==null){rng_pool=new Array();rng_pptr=0;var t;if(window.crypto&&window.crypto.getRandomValues){var ua=new Uint8Array(32);window.crypto.getRandomValues(ua);for(t=0;t<32;++t)rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=ua[t];}if(navigator.appName=='Netscape'&&navigator.appVersion<'5'&&window.crypto){var z=window.crypto.random(32);for(t=0;t<z.length;++t)rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=z.charCodeAt(t)&255;}while(rng_pptr<rng_psize){t=Math.floor(65536*Math.random());rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=t>>>8;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=t&255;}rng_pptr=0;rng_seed_time();}function rng_get_byte(){if(rng_state==null){rng_seed_time();rng_state=prng_newstate();rng_state.init(rng_pool);for(rng_pptr=0;rng_pptr<rng_pool.length;++rng_pptr)rng_pool[rng_pptr]=0;rng_pptr=0;}return rng_state.next();}function rng_get_bytes(a){var b;for(b=0;b<a.length;++b)a[b]=rng_get_byte();}function SecureRandom(){}SecureRandom.prototype.nextBytes=rng_get_bytes;";

const char jsbn_2_js[] = "function bnpRShiftTo(a,b){b.s=this.s;var c=Math.floor(a/this.DB);if(c>=this.t){b.t=0;return;}var d=a%this.DB;var e=this.DB-d;var f=(1<<d)-1;b[0]=this[c]>>d;for(var g=c+1;g<this.t;++g){b[g-c-1]|=(this[g]&f)<<e;b[g-c]=this[g]>>d;}if(d>0)b[this.t-c-1]|=(this.s&f)<<e;b.t=this.t-c;b.clamp();}function bnpSubTo(a,b){var c=0,d=0,e=Math.min(a.t,this.t);while(c<e){d+=this[c]-a[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}if(a.t<this.t){d-=a.s;while(c<this.t){d+=this[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}d+=this.s;}else{d+=this.s;while(c<a.t){d-=a[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}d-=a.s;}b.s=(d<0)?-1:0;if(d<-1)b[c++]=this.DV+d;else if(d>0)b[c++]=d;b.t=c;b.clamp();}function bnpMultiplyTo(a,b){var c=this.abs(),d=a.abs();var e=c.t;b.t=e+d.t;while(--e>=0)b[e]=0;for(e=0;e<d.t;++e)b[e+c.t]=c.am(0,d[e],b,e,0,c.t);b.s=0;b.clamp();if(this.s!=a.s)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(b,b);}function bnpSquareTo(a){var b=this.abs();var c=a.t=2*b.t;while(--c>=0)a[c]=0;for(c=0;c<b.t-1;++c){var d=b.am(c,b[c],a,2*c,0,1);if((a[c+b.t]+=b.am(c+1,2*b[c],a,2*c+1,d,b.t-c-1))>=b.DV){a[c+b.t]-=b.DV;a[c+b.t+1]=1;}}if(a.t>0)a[a.t-1]+=b.am(c,b[c],a,2*c,0,1);a.s=0;a.clamp();}function bnpDivRemTo(a,b,c){var d=a.abs();if(d.t<=0)return;var e=this.abs();if(e.t<d.t){if(b!=null)b.fromInt(0);if(c!=null)this.copyTo(c);return;}if(c==null)c=nbi();var f=nbi(),g=this.s,h=a.s;var i=this.DB-nbits(d[d.t-1]);if(i>0){d.lShiftTo(i,f);e.lShiftTo(i,c);}else{d.copyTo(f);e.copyTo(c);}var j=f.t;var k=f[j-1];if(k==0)return;var l=k*(1<<this.F1)+((j>1)?f[j-2]>>this.F2:0);var m=this.FV/l,n=(1<<this.F1)/l,o=1<<this.F2;var p=c.t,q=p-j,r=(b==null)?nbi():b;f.dlShiftTo(q,r);if(c.compareTo(r)>=0){c[c.t++]=1;c.subTo(r,c);}BigInteger.ONE.dlShiftTo(j,r);r.subTo(f,f);while(f.t<j)f[f.t++]=0;while(--q>=0){var s=(c[--p]==k)?this.DM:Math.floor(c[p]*m+(c[p-1]+o)*n);if((c[p]+=f.am(0,s,c,q,0,j))<s){f.dlShiftTo(q,r);c.subTo(r,c);while(c[p]<--s)c.subTo(r,c);}}if(b!=null){c.drShiftTo(j,b);if(g!=h)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(b,b);}c.t=j;c.clamp();if(i>0)c.rShiftTo(i,c);if(g<0)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(c,c);}function bnMod(a){var b=nbi();this.abs().divRemTo(a,null,b);if(this.s<0&&b.compareTo(BigInteger.ZERO)>0)a.subTo(b,b);return b;}function Classic(a){this.m=a;}function cConvert(a){if(a.s<0||a.compareTo(this.m)>=0)return a.mod(this.m);else return a;}function cRevert(a){return a;}function cReduce(a){a.divRemTo(this.m,null,a);}function cMulTo(a,b,c){a.multiplyTo(b,c);this.reduce(c);}function cSqrTo(a,b){a.squareTo(b);this.reduce(b);}Classic.prototype.convert=cConvert;Classic.prototype.revert=cRevert;Classic.prototype.reduce=cReduce;Classic.prototype.mulTo=cMulTo;Classic.prototype.sqrTo=cSqrTo;function bnpInvDigit(){if(this.t<1)return 0;var a=this[0];if((a&1)==0)return 0;var b=a&3;b=(b*(2-(a&0xf)*b))&0xf;b=(b*(2-(a&0xff)*b))&0xff;b=(b*(2-(((a&0xffff)*b)&0xffff)))&0xffff;b=(b*(2-a*b%this.DV))%this.DV;return(b>0)?this.DV-b:-b;}function Montgomery(a){this.m=a;this.mp=a.invDigit();this.mpl=this.mp&0x7fff;this.mph=this.mp>>15;this.um=(1<<(a.DB-15))-1;this.mt2=2*a.t;}function montConvert(a){var b=nbi();a.abs().dlShiftTo(this.m.t,b);b.divRemTo(this.m,null,b);if(a.s<0&&b.compareTo(BigInteger.ZERO)>0)this.m.subTo(b,b);return b;}function montRevert(a){var b=nbi();a.copyTo(b);this.reduce(b);return b;}function montReduce(a){while(a.t<=this.mt2)a[a.t++]=0;for(var b=0;b<this.m.t;++b){var c=a[b]&0x7fff;var d=(c*this.mpl+(((c*this.mph+(a[b]>>15)*this.mpl)&this.um)<<15))&a.DM;c=b+this.m.t;a[c]+=this.m.am(0,d,a,b,0,this.m.t);while(a[c]>=a.DV){a[c]-=a.DV;a[++c]++;}}a.clamp();a.drShiftTo(this.m.t,a);if(a.compareTo(this.m)>=0)a.subTo(this.m,a);}function montSqrTo(a,b){a.squareTo(b);this.reduce(b);}function montMulTo(a,b,c){a.multiplyTo(b,c);this.reduce(c);}Montgomery.prototype.convert=montConvert;Montgomery.prototype.revert=montRevert;Montgomery.prototype.reduce=montReduce;Montgomery.prototype.mulTo=montMulTo;Montgomery.prototype.sqrTo=montSqrTo;function bnpIsEven(){return((this.t>0)?(this[0]&1):this.s)==0;}function bnpExp(a,b){if(a>0xffffffff||a<1)return BigInteger.ONE;var c=nbi(),d=nbi(),e=b.convert(this),f=nbits(a)-1;e.copyTo(c);while(--f>=0){b.sqrTo(c,d);if((a&(1<<f))>0)b.mulTo(d,e,c);else{var g=c;c=d;d=g;}}return b.revert(c);}function bnModPowInt(a,b){var c;if(a<256||b.isEven())c=new Classic(b);else c=new Montgomery(b);return this.exp(a,c);}BigInteger.prototype.copyTo=bnpCopyTo;BigInteger.prototype.fromInt=bnpFromInt;BigInteger.prototype.fromString=bnpFromString;BigInteger.prototype.clamp=bnpClamp;BigInteger.prototype.dlShiftTo=bnpDLShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.drShiftTo=bnpDRShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.lShiftTo=bnpLShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.rShiftTo=bnpRShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.subTo=bnpSubTo;BigInteger.prototype.multiplyTo=bnpMultiplyTo;BigInteger.prototype.squareTo=bnpSquareTo;BigInteger.prototype.divRemTo=bnpDivRemTo;BigInteger.prototype.invDigit=bnpInvDigit;BigInteger.prototype.isEven=bnpIsEven;BigInteger.prototype.exp=bnpExp;BigInteger.prototype.toString=bnToString;BigInteger.prototype.negate=bnNegate;BigInteger.prototype.abs=bnAbs;BigInteger.prototype.compareTo=bnCompareTo;BigInteger.prototype.bitLength=bnBitLength;BigInteger.prototype.mod=bnMod;BigInteger.prototype.modPowInt=bnModPowInt;BigInteger.ZERO=nbv(0);BigInteger.ONE=nbv(1);";

const char jsbn_1_js[] = "var dbits;var canary=0xdeadbeefcafe;var j_lm=((canary&0xffffff)==0xefcafe);function BigInteger(a,b,c){if(a!=null)if('number'==typeof a)this.fromNumber(a,b,c);else if(b==null&&'string'!=typeof a)this.fromString(a,256);else this.fromString(a,b);}function nbi(){return new BigInteger(null);}function am1(a,b,c,d,e,f){while(--f>=0){var g=b*this[a++]+c[d]+e;e=Math.floor(g/0x4000000);c[d++]=g&0x3ffffff;}return e;}function am2(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g=b&0x7fff,h=b>>15;while(--f>=0){var i=this[a]&0x7fff;var j=this[a++]>>15;var k=h*i+j*g;i=g*i+((k&0x7fff)<<15)+c[d]+(e&0x3fffffff);e=(i>>>30)+(k>>>15)+h*j+(e>>>30);c[d++]=i&0x3fffffff;}return e;}function am3(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g=b&0x3fff,h=b>>14;while(--f>=0){var i=this[a]&0x3fff;var j=this[a++]>>14;var k=h*i+j*g;i=g*i+((k&0x3fff)<<14)+c[d]+e;e=(i>>28)+(k>>14)+h*j;c[d++]=i&0xfffffff;}return e;}if(j_lm&&(navigator.appName=='Microsoft Internet Explorer')){BigInteger.prototype.am=am2;dbits=30;}else if(j_lm&&(navigator.appName!='Netscape')){BigInteger.prototype.am=am1;dbits=26;}else{BigInteger.prototype.am=am3;dbits=28;}BigInteger.prototype.DB=dbits;BigInteger.prototype.DM=((1<<dbits)-1);BigInteger.prototype.DV=(1<<dbits);var BI_FP=52;BigInteger.prototype.FV=Math.pow(2,BI_FP);BigInteger.prototype.F1=BI_FP-dbits;BigInteger.prototype.F2=2*dbits-BI_FP;var BI_RM='0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz';var BI_RC=new Array();var rr,vv;rr='0'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=0;vv<=9;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;rr='a'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=10;vv<36;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;rr='A'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=10;vv<36;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;function int2char(a){return BI_RM.charAt(a);}function intAt(a,b){var c=BI_RC[a.charCodeAt(b)];return(c==null)?-1:c;}function bnpCopyTo(a){for(var b=this.t-1;b>=0;--b)a[b]=this[b];a.t=this.t;a.s=this.s;}function bnpFromInt(a){this.t=1;this.s=(a<0)?-1:0;if(a>0)this[0]=a;else if(a<-1)this[0]=a+this.DV;else this.t=0;}function nbv(a){var b=nbi();b.fromInt(a);return b;}function bnpFromString(a,b){var c;if(b==16)c=4;else if(b==8)c=3;else if(b==256)c=8;else if(b==2)c=1;else if(b==32)c=5;else if(b==4)c=2;else{this.fromRadix(a,b);return;}this.t=0;this.s=0;var d=a.length,e=false,f=0;while(--d>=0){var g=(c==8)?a[d]&0xff:intAt(a,d);if(g<0){if(a.charAt(d)=='-')e=true;continue;}e=false;if(f==0)this[this.t++]=g;else if(f+c>this.DB){this[this.t-1]|=(g&((1<<(this.DB-f))-1))<<f;this[this.t++]=(g>>(this.DB-f));}else this[this.t-1]|=g<<f;f+=c;if(f>=this.DB)f-=this.DB;}if(c==8&&(a[0]&0x80)!=0){this.s=-1;if(f>0)this[this.t-1]|=((1<<(this.DB-f))-1)<<f;}this.clamp();if(e)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(this,this);}function bnpClamp(){var a=this.s&this.DM;while(this.t>0&&this[this.t-1]==a)--this.t;}function bnToString(a){if(this.s<0)return '-'+this.negate().toString(a);var b;if(a==16)b=4;else if(a==8)b=3;else if(a==2)b=1;else if(a==32)b=5;else if(a==4)b=2;else return this.toRadix(a);var c=(1<<b)-1,d,e=false,f='',g=this.t;var h=this.DB-(g*this.DB)%b;if(g-->0){if(h<this.DB&&(d=this[g]>>h)>0){e=true;f=int2char(d);}while(g>=0){if(h<b){d=(this[g]&((1<<h)-1))<<(b-h);d|=this[--g]>>(h+=this.DB-b);}else{d=(this[g]>>(h-=b))&c;if(h<=0){h+=this.DB;--g;}}if(d>0)e=true;if(e)f+=int2char(d);}}return e?f:'0';}function bnNegate(){var a=nbi();BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(this,a);return a;}function bnAbs(){return(this.s<0)?this.negate():this;}function bnCompareTo(a){var b=this.s-a.s;if(b!=0)return b;var c=this.t;b=c-a.t;if(b!=0)return(this.s<0)?-b:b;while(--c>=0)if((b=this[c]-a[c])!=0)return b;return 0;}function nbits(a){var b=1,c;if((c=a>>>16)!=0){a=c;b+=16;}if((c=a>>8)!=0){a=c;b+=8;}if((c=a>>4)!=0){a=c;b+=4;}if((c=a>>2)!=0){a=c;b+=2;}if((c=a>>1)!=0){a=c;b+=1;}return b;}function bnBitLength(){if(this.t<=0)return 0;return this.DB*(this.t-1)+nbits(this[this.t-1]^(this.s&this.DM));}function bnpDLShiftTo(a,b){var c;for(c=this.t-1;c>=0;--c)b[c+a]=this[c];for(c=a-1;c>=0;--c)b[c]=0;b.t=this.t+a;b.s=this.s;}function bnpDRShiftTo(a,b){for(var c=a;c<this.t;++c)b[c-a]=this[c];b.t=Math.max(this.t-a,0);b.s=this.s;}function bnpLShiftTo(a,b){var c=a%this.DB;var d=this.DB-c;var e=(1<<d)-1;var f=Math.floor(a/this.DB),g=(this.s<<c)&this.DM,h;for(h=this.t-1;h>=0;--h){b[h+f+1]=(this[h]>>d)|g;g=(this[h]&e)<<c;}for(h=f-1;h>=0;--h)b[h]=0;b[f]=g;b.t=this.t+f+1;b.s=this.s;b.clamp();}";

const char script_js[] = "var base_url='http://192.168.0.1/';var network_list;var public_key;var rsa=new RSAKey();var scanButton=document.getElementById('scan-button');var connectButton=document.getElementById('connect-button');var copyButton=document.getElementById('copy-button');var showButton=document.getElementById('show-button');var deviceID=document.getElementById('device-id');var connectForm=document.getElementById('connect-form');var public_key_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Public key: '+a.b);public_key=a.b;rsa.setPublic(public_key.substring(58,58+256),public_key.substring(318,318+6));},error:function(a,b){console.log(a);window.alert('There was a problem fetching important information from your device. Please verify your connection, then reload this page.');}};var device_id_callback={success:function(a){var b=a.id;deviceID.value=b;},error:function(a,b){console.log(a);var c='COMMUNICATION_ERROR';deviceID.value=c;}};var scan=function(){console.log('Scanning...!');disableButtons();scanButton.innerHTML='Scanning...';connectButton.innerHTML='Connect';document.getElementById('connect-div').style.display='none';document.getElementById('networks-div').style.display='none';getRequest(base_url+'scan-ap',scan_callback);};var scan_callback={success:function(a){network_list=a.scans;console.log('I found:');var b=document.getElementById('networks-div');b.innerHTML='';if(network_list.length>0)for(var c=0;c<network_list.length;c++){ssid=network_list[c].ssid;console.log(network_list[c]);add_wifi_option(b,ssid);document.getElementById('connect-div').style.display='block';}else b.innerHTML='<p class=\\'scanning-error\\'>No networks found.</p>';},error:function(a){console.log('Scanning error:'+a);document.getElementById('networks-div').innerHTML='<p class=\\'scanning-error\\'>Scanning error.</p>';},regardless:function(){scanButton.innerHTML='Re-Scan';enableButtons();document.getElementById('networks-div').style.display='block';}};var configure=function(a){a.preventDefault();var b=get_selected_network();var c=document.getElementById('password').value;if(!b){window.alert('Please select a network!');return false;}var d={idx:0,ssid:b.ssid,pwd:rsa.encrypt(c),sec:b.sec,ch:b.ch};connectButton.innerHTML='Sending credentials...';disableButtons();console.log('Sending credentials: '+JSON.stringify(d));postRequest(base_url+'configure-ap',d,configure_callback);};var configure_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Credentials received.');connectButton.innerHTML='Credentials received...';postRequest(base_url+'connect-ap',{idx:0},connect_callback);},error:function(a,b){console.log('Configure error: '+a);window.alert('The configuration command failed, check that you are still well connected to the device\\'s WiFi hotspot and retry.');connectButton.innerHTML='Retry';enableButtons();}};var connect_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Attempting to connect to the cloud.');connectButton.innerHTML='Attempting to connect...';window.alert('Your device should now start flashing green and attempt to connect to the cloud. This usually takes about 20 seconds, after which it will begin slowly blinking cyan. \\n\\n\\nIf this process fails because you entered the wrong password, the device will flash green indefinitely. In this case, hold the setup button for 6 seconds until the device starts blinking blue again. Then reconnect to the WiFi hotspot it generates and reload this page to try again.');},error:function(a,b){console.log('Connect error: '+a);window.alert('The connect command failed, check that you are still well connected to the device\\'s WiFi hotspot and retry.');connectButton.innerHTML='Retry';enableButtons();}};var disableButtons=function(){connectButton.disabled=true;scanButton.disabled=true;};var enableButtons=function(){connectButton.disabled=false;scanButton.disabled=false;};var add_wifi_option=function(a,b){var c=document.createElement('INPUT');c.type='radio';c.value=b;c.id=b;c.name='ssid';c.className='radio';var d=document.createElement('DIV');d.className='radio-div';d.appendChild(c);var e=document.createElement('label');e.htmlFor=b;e.innerHTML=b;d.appendChild(e);a.appendChild(d);};var get_selected_network=function(){for(var a=0;a<network_list.length;a++){ssid=network_list[a].ssid;if(document.getElementById(ssid).checked)return network_list[a];}};var copy=function(){window.prompt('Copy to clipboard: Ctrl + C, Enter',deviceID.value);};var toggleShow=function(){var a=document.getElementById('password');inputType=a.type;if(inputType==='password'){showButton.innerHTML='Hide';a.type='text';}else{showButton.innerHTML='Show';a.type='password';}};var getRequest=function(a,b){var c=new XMLHttpRequest();c.open('GET',a,true);c.timeout=8000;c.send();c.onreadystatechange=function(){if(c.readyState==4)if(b){if(c.status==200){if(b.success)b.success(JSON.parse(c.responseText));}else if(b.error)b.error(c.status,c.responseText);if(b.regardless)b.regardless();}};};var postRequest=function(a,b,c){var d=JSON.stringify(b);var e=new XMLHttpRequest();e.open('POST',a,true);e.timeout=4000;e.setRequestHeader('Content-Type','multipart/form-data');e.send(d);e.onreadystatechange=function(){if(e.readyState==4)if(c){if(e.status==200){if(c.success)c.success(JSON.parse(e.responseText));}else if(c.error)c.error(e.status,e.responseText);if(c.regardless)c.regardless();}};};if(scanButton.addEventListener){copyButton.addEventListener('click',copy);showButton.addEventListener('click',toggleShow);scanButton.addEventListener('click',scan);connectForm.addEventListener('submit',configure);}else if(scanButton.attachEvent){copyButton.attachEvent('onclick',copy);showButton.attachEvent('onclick',toggleShow);scanButton.attachEvent('onclick',scan);connectForm.attachEvent('onsubmit',configure);}getRequest(base_url+'device-id',device_id_callback);getRequest(base_url+'public-key',public_key_callback);";

const char prng4_js[] = "function Arcfour(){this.i=0;this.j=0;this.S=new Array();}function ARC4init(a){var b,c,d;for(b=0;b<256;++b)this.S[b]=b;c=0;for(b=0;b<256;++b){c=(c+this.S[b]+a[b%a.length])&255;d=this.S[b];this.S[b]=this.S[c];this.S[c]=d;}this.i=0;this.j=0;}function ARC4next(){var a;this.i=(this.i+1)&255;this.j=(this.j+this.S[this.i])&255;a=this.S[this.i];this.S[this.i]=this.S[this.j];this.S[this.j]=a;return this.S[(a+this.S[this.i])&255];}Arcfour.prototype.init=ARC4init;Arcfour.prototype.next=ARC4next;function prng_newstate(){return new Arcfour();}var rng_psize=256;";

Page myPages[] = {
     { "/index.html", "text/html", index_html },
     { "/rsa-utils/rsa.js", "application/javascript", rsa_js },
     { "/style.css", "text/css", style_css },
     { "/rsa-utils/rng.js", "application/javascript", rng_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/jsbn_2.js", "application/javascript", jsbn_2_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/jsbn_1.js", "application/javascript", jsbn_1_js },
     { "/script.js", "application/javascript", script_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/prng4.js", "application/javascript", prng4_js },
     { nullptr }
};

void myPage(const char* url, ResponseCallback* cb, void* cbArg, Reader* body, Writer* result, void* reserved)
{
    Serial.printlnf("handling page %s", url);

if (strcmp(url,"/index")==0) {
        Serial.println("sending redirect");
        Header h("Location: /index.html\r\n");
        cb(cbArg, 0, 301, "text/plain", &h);
        return;
    }

int8_t idx = 0;
    for (;;idx++) {
        Page& p = myPages[idx];
        if (!p.url) {
            idx = -1;
            break;
        }
        else if (strcmp(url, p.url)==0) {
            break;
        }
    }

if (idx==-1) {
        cb(cbArg, 0, 404, nullptr, nullptr);
    }
    else {
        cb(cbArg, 0, 200, myPages[idx].mime_type, nullptr);
        result->write(myPages[idx].data);
    }
}

Sorry I could not find a better way to give you this software
Regards
Kazem

SoftAP is a feature very specific to the STM32 based WiFi devices P0/P1/Photon.
P2 and Photon2 are running on a completely different µC.

1 Like

Thank you Sir I will need another soft App to do the same thing. Would you help me out please?
Mr. ScruffR where can I get a symbol and foot print of the Photon 2

Hi, does this help?

@kazemzahedi in general we do not recommend using the Web IDE for any new projects, and we encourage you to move to using our VS Code extension: Particle Workbench.

Thanks for your help sir The link you mentioned containers
Recommended PCB land pattern but not he associated pcb symbol. used for PCB design.

The footprint and symbol for Eagle CAD can be found in this repository for all devices including the Photon 2.

You can either import this into other CAD programs, or since the Photon 2 has an Adafruit Feather form factor, you can use any footprint designed for it.

Thanks or your advice Sir. I am migrating to Photon 2.
Everything is already done in WebIDE. It would be easier for me to continue the same path

Thanks for your advice Sir. I am used to downloading the Footprint and symbol then use Library loader to add to my Diptrace schematic file.
I do do not know how to use the Github File for that. would you advise please. Thanks

Thanks, it only has a land pattern

Please correct me if I am wrong. When I put Photon2 in soft or hard listening mode it does not transmit it's own name like PHOTON xxx, If I am correct then how can I have my clients input their WIFI credentials?

The Photon2 has no SoftAP capability.
But you should still be able to use CLI particle serial wifi or any standard USB Serial terminal program (e.g. PuTTY) to send the letter w to setup WiFi credentials.

However, the modern way to do it would be via the device-restore page

Thanks so much for your advice Sir
The simple WIFI controlled wall switch in the market coms with an app where users can setup their WIFI info without any physical connection. Cots of this device is the same as Photon2. making a physical connection to the CPU would be difficult for many users. I wander why Particle does not do the same

(supposing this should be "Lots of ...")
The most important part of the device is NOT the same between Photon and Photon2 - the actual microcontroller is completely different and hence this option just does not exist.

Thanks for you reply Sir. I am disappointed.

Hi, I have another question if I may
According to P2 datasheet { VUSB Power out (when powered by USB) 5 VDC at 1A maximum. Power in with limitations.}. What are the limitations. I am applying 5 volts to power up the Ohoton2

I'd rather redirect this question to @rickkas7

However, I guess one of the limitations will still be the same as it was for the Photon, that the voltage and max. current rating are not the only requirements. The power source should be low noise and must be able to respond to sudden demand surges fast.