Is it possible to run Spark OS on custom hardware?

I want to be able to push data over the cloud onto a device that doesn’t have spark core. Is it possible to run Spark OS on this device and be able to achieve the goal?

The 3 source-code repo are available and as long as you can port it to the architecture you are looking at, it will work.

However, there should be some fee for non-spark manufactured devices to be connect to the Spark cloud.

If you are looking at building an enterprise product, Spark HQ will be happy to work out a plan with you. :wink:

Could you elaborate a bit further what it is exactly that you’re trying to achieve? Are you using a Core transmitting to the cloud which needs to be passed on to another device? Are you using a Core at all? What kind of data are you looking at pushing though (there might be better options than going through the Cloud altogether)?

Thank you @kennethlimcp.

@Moors7 I’m a complete newbie to this world. I’m actually a web developer. I’ve never really worked with hardware. I realize my question is quite vague. It’s because of my complete lack of knowledge. Here’s a little bit of background on the “device” I referred to in my question.

The device is a controller that controls my philips hue lights and wemo switches. This device connects to local wifi network and directly talks to philip hue and wemo swtich to command them to do whatever (switch on/off, control brightness). The data I want to push to this device is the configuration and everything that it needs to know to build HTTP requests to be sent to Hue or Wemo. I imagine it as a JSON object. A few kilobytes of data max.

The device for now has Spark Core. But it’s already too expensive for me. I would rather build the hardware from scratch myself. Perhaps at a lower cost? And just use Spark OS and it’s cloud services to communicate with the device. Communicate means this JSON object or any other data we may have to send to the device.

The reason why this has to happen over the cloud (I think, please suggest me a better route if you know) is that the so called configuration and user input we have to accept to build that JSON object is also stored in a server database as a backup. The engine that converts the data to that JSON object sits on the server. Also, I want to avoid building a OS native apps. Thus, I’m doing this as a web app.