How to view code (or app name) that is flashed to a deployed device?

Is there a way to remotely download the code that is flashed to one of my devices (or at least view the app name that was flashed)? My use case is that it’s been a while since I’ve had to do one of this configuration and I want to double check by cross-referencing the firmware code against a known working unit in the field. Thank you.

I don’t think there is a way unless you have baked it in your code (e.g. via a Particle.variable() that gives you back the file name from which it was compiled) or via some kind of signature (what functions and variables are registered and what events does the device emit).

While there is a hash code of the application module that could identify it, there is no way I know of to correlate this with the project name or version directly.
For that I’d assume you’d need to have the original binary saved somewhere to compare the particle serial inspect data with the particle binary inspect (not sure if this actually would work tho’).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.