Have your PUBLIC spark events stopped working?

Over the last few days or so all my PUBLIC events have stopped working.

I changed them to PRIVATE and they now work fine again.

It’s not a big problem for me, but has anyone else found this?

I haven't tested it, but it might be in connection with @Dave 's update here

@paulcdale, i see that PUBLIC events seem to be working fine. At least on the public firehose.

If you have Spark-cli, can you try this command spark subscribe? You should see a huge stream of data.

Try spark subscribe mine to see what happens to only received your own events.

I’m suspecting the access token might have also expired so try with another one :wink:

Just double checked again, public and private subscribes seem to be working. Can you tell us more about what you’re seeing? One issue I’ve seen is that the current firmware doesn’t re-send ‘subscribe’ requests when the connection is lost and re-established, so sometimes cores can drop the subscription. There has been some discussion about this, here’s one of those threads - https://community.spark.io/t/loosing-spark-subscribe-connection-subscription/6518/9

Another element is sometimes going over the publish rate limit on your devices can cause events to stop flowing. We’re going to add some helpful feedback in that case, and I’m working on increasing the limits as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David

1 Like

Dave, thank you for your response. It may have been that I had hit the limit, sending over 1500 events in 24 hours. Would the switch from Public to Private effectively reset the counter? What is the limit for event publishing?

I have also added the subscriptions to my housekeeping function, this will re-subscribe when the connection is lost, this should improve long term connectivity to the Spark Cloud. Thanks for the tip!