Google Cloud Data Storage + Particle Integration!

I tried the gcloud init after install and still have the same issue as above… Frustrating

Are you seeing the same thing on your end?

Glad it’s not just me :smiley:

Thanks!

Yours is a grant error and mine is a string error so I guess they not quite the same. Either way its a pain. Its never easy when they assume we know what they know. I like coding with micro’s not pulling my hair out trying to configure paths :confused:

I feel ya 100% on that.

I am happy that there is a potentially cheaper path to long-term data storage, though. So I’ll be happy when we have this all worked out.

@RWB No errors after that, only a stream of data like this:

My config and google cloud look like this, I had to cover the strings but the blocks of same color are the same string, except for the black ones, those are not relevant to the tutorial.

Hope it helps!

So the folder with all your files is named the same as mine and has the same files in it?

Your using Node 4.5 on a Mac, I’m using 4.4.7 on Windows.

@jeiden Do you guys have any recommended way for me to update Node to 4.5 via a simple command?

Also what version of Node are you using and on what operating system?

This is what my folder looks like:

Would it be possible to have the Node JS thing running in the Google Cloud?
Google Cloud Node JS hello world

@hl68fx You can run it on a cloud computer.

@luan0bk Thanks for the images, they confirm I’m doing everything right.

I’m trying to update Node now.

@jeiden FYI I have updated to the latest node 6.7 in windows 64bit.

I reinstalled the Google Git package and I’m still getting the same error messages.

After the Google tutorial git package has been downloaded I get this message below the grey / yellow text in the CMD window screen shot below where it says NPM Warn - No repository field ?:

I have the webhook integration up and working. See the screen shot below.

@RWB and @LesG – I think the issue is with your private key JSON files. If you feel comfortable, can you email me with the file or Keybase the file to me (jeffeiden is my username)?

@jeiden Anything look out of place with my Key file?

@RWB No, nothing immediately stands out to me. Are you sure that your project ID is the same as what’s listed here: https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/projects? I will forward this onto the engineers at Google and see what they think.

@RWB and @LesG – I will follow up with you guys in private to get you guys in touch with the right folks at Google to help figure this all out.

Thanks!

Jeff

@jeiden Yea I’m sure everything is exactly like the the demo and the same as @luan0bk.

Everything works besides running the last node command where the I get the errors I posted in screens shots I shared above.

I also have Azure injesting photon data. How does Google compare cost wize to Azure event hubs and stream analytics?

Hi luan0bk, same issue here. When you mentioned you didn’t download all the files, what were you missing and what did you do to download the remainder of the files?

Thanks

OK, I got the node tutorial.js step to finally work. I was impatient with the downloads with npm install. In the terminal, it looked like it had stopped downloading but in fact it was still under progress. Download took about 3 minutes.

I have another question, it seems like the data from pub/sub is only transferred/stored into google datastore when the tutorial.js is running. Is there any way to automate this script? Thanks

Hey! have you looked at Google Charts? Not sure how it compares to Power BI but since it's Google's solution for charts it might work just fine...
Cheers,
Gustavo.

@wontony You can run the tutorial.js script on a cloud machine so you don't have to rely on your laptop to keep it running.

1 Like

@gusgonnet Sweet. I’ll take a look and see what’s up.

1 Like