So I have a workflow in mind and I wanted to confirm whether this is a reasonable plan, or if anyone has feedback/modifications they would suggest.
Effectively, I plan on the following:
- Claim newly manufactured devices to my administrator account for testing
- Enable Particle Cloud for testing, then disable once testing complete (I understand this uses a month’s connection)
- End user will receive a shipped device which has a QR code label which is device ID
- They signup and pay a month’s access on my back-end, and scan the QR code to link the device to their account
- My back end connects via Particle API to re-enable particle cloud for that device ID
- If user’s subscription runs out, back end will cancel particle cloud for following month
So the customer will never truly “Claim” the device, it will stay claimed by my administrator account.
I should note that device data is pushed via webhook to my backend - so customer has no direct contact with Particle Cloud functionality.
Does this sound like a reasonable approach? Or am I missing something obvious/making things hard for myself.
Thanks kindly in advance!