Extra events when particle.subscribe used

Hi

If i have a particle.subscribe with an empty call handler i get extra event messages in the system console. Disabling the particle.subscribe stops the event messages. Is this normal behaviour??

|spark/device/diagnostics/update|{“device”:{“network”:{“signal”:{“at”:“Wi-Fi”,“strength”:56,“strength_units”:"%",“strengthv”:-72,“strengthv_units”:“dBm”,“strengthv_type”:“RSSI”,“quality”:35.48,“quality_units”:"%",“qualityv”:20,“qualityv_units”:“dB”,“qualityv_type”:“SNR”},“connection”:{“status”:“connected”,“error”:0,“disconnects”:0,“attempts”:1,“disconnect_reason”:“none”}},“cloud”:{“connection”:{“status”:“connected”,“error”:0,“attempts”:1,“disconnects”:2,“disconnect_reason”:“error”},“coap”:{“transmit”:0,“retransmit”:0,“unack”:0,“round_trip”:0},“publish”:{“rate_limited”:0}},“system”:{“uptime”:157,“memory”:{“used”:40584,“total”:82944}}},“service”:{“device”:{“status”:“ok”},“cloud”:{“uptime”:2,“publish”:{“sent”:1}},“coap”:{“round_trip”:348}}}|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:28 pm|
|particle/device/updates/pending|false|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:26 pm|
|particle/device/updates/forced|false|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:25 pm|
|particle/device/updates/enabled|true|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:25 pm|
|spark/status|online|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:25 pm|
|spark/status|offline|Display|11/4/21 at 1:05:18 pm|

Those events are normal and do not count against your monthly data operations.

They should occur whether you subscribe or not, but in any case they are normal.

Hi
1 of the events is an offline from the cloud. Which is fine if it reconnects but sometimes it does not which is a severe pain for a remote device. I have reduced the code to a minimum to investigate further see below

SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED);
void myHandler(const char *event, const char *data)
{
}

void setup() {
    Particle.subscribe("Consumption_electricity", myHandler);
}

void loop() {

delay(5000);
}

As it stands i get the extra event messages but if i comment out the particle.subscribe i get no event messages at all and the unit stays connected to the cloud.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.