Error in particle-cli: cannot find module '@particle/device-constants'

Well I have no idea how this happened. In Visual Studio Code I am now getting this error. One night the PC restarted and since then it has been a challenge using VSC with Particle Workbench. I have reinstalled the CLI from the link Command Line | Getting Started | Particle
My Workbench version is 1.16.10
I have restarted VSC, and the whole machine, ran "particle update" from the CLI,

The files that are referenced in the Require stack I have the first six files, the one ending in [eval] I do not see.

I noticed the last line in the error states "update in background"

VSC shows I am not logged in, and I attempt to login and get a "login failed" I reset my password to see if that helped with no luck, I am using 2FA, I can login to the Particle Console and web IDE with no issues.

Thank you for the support!

Error: Cannot find module '@particle/device-constants'
Require stack:
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\lib\platform.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\lib\utilities.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\cli\cloud.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\cli\index.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\app\cli.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\index.js
- C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\[eval]
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1026:15)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:871:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1098:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:108:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\jaker\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\src\lib\platform.js:1:25)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1196:14)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1250:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1074:32)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:909:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1098:19)
2023/10/01 11:58:01 Time since last update 3m19.1752695s, update in background

You could view this post that has a similar problem.

2 Likes

There was one thing that I had not done in all the re-installation which was deleting the two particle files. I was able to compile a simple program to one of the spare boards. Back to troubleshooting the other one!

THANK YOU!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.