Electron Solar Kit Charging Indicator?

I had no idea there was an RTC on the shield, that is super useful!

The more I learn about this little board the more impressive it becomes. It’s clear a lot of thought has gone into it. Thanks again for answering all my questions. In return, I offer more graphs. The X-axis is still not accurate as far as time (capture in local time, export in UTC), Librato says they have no fix for this yet, but maybe some day if enough people request a fix, hint hint.

As far as the graph, you’ll notice that the slope of battery discharge is much less steep the second day, that is due to the fantastically easy to use Deep Sleep Mode, nothing more than System.sleep(SLEEP_MODE_DEEP, 600). Its a good thing I added that since it was rainy all day and I don’t think the battery would have lasted with the cell chip running at 180ma all day and night. Also interesting is the approximately 1% battery life consumption and corresponding voltage drop when pushing a firmware update over the air as the chip goes to max power.

Data consumption is now the question. I’d love to get more granularity on my data usage. First 24 hours showed 0.11 MB with one OTA firmware update, second 24 hours showed I’m at 0.70 (with a second OTA firmware update). It will be nice when the next update rolls out and I don’t have to re-handshake with the tower every ten minutes. Thanks for automating the reconnection upon wakeup, by the way.

Can I turn off the breathing RGB LED within a sketch to further reduce power consumption? It is only blinking for about 10 seconds as I reconnect and publish events, but still, it doesn’t need to be since I can monitor based on the published events.