Electron powered by battery

Hi, I am using the electron connected with some sensors. If I power my electron with the LiPo from the developer set my device runs for ~5 days. But I want to increase the runtime to ~10 days. Since I don´t see any potential in the software to decrease the power consumption I thought about replacing the LiPo with a batterie and power the electron via VIN.

The datasheet says I can power the electron with everything between 3.9VDC and 12VDC so can I use one of theses 9V batteries amazon search without the risk of damaging the electron? Or is there something I have to care of ?
And if yes which one of them would you suggest since there is a pretty wide price range?

You can easily stretch the runtime of the Electron to a few weeks by simply putting the Electron in deep sleep mode intermittently.

Avoid using 9V batteries as their size to power ratio is very weak compared to say 4xAA batteries. You can also power the Electron with portable USB batteries used for cellphones.

1 Like

@mohit than you for your answer.
I allready use deep sleep. Every 30min i read the sensor values, do a cell locate and go to deep sleep. This cost me about 20% per 24h.

Could it be that the sensors are consuming significant power? What are you powering besides the Electron? You could potentially power the sensors separately.

I am using a BMP280: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182043412067?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am not sure but I think the cell locate consumes the most power since it takes about 2-3min and the read of the sensor just a second.