Electron online but not publishing / dropouts after certain time of usage

I can confirm that this morning my second Electron dropped communication by console stopped receiving publishes. Before it ran three days without any dropout at all!

I don't believe it's an issue with cellular network at all, because:

1. Taking a look at the system log, communication is happening, handshake or re-use is being made, Electron CAN connect to the cloud and is actually receiving data!

2. Even when publish do not arrive at console. Sending a "Signal for 10 sec" is instantly executed by the Electron - so there is downward communication

3. My third party cellular ISP says that there is connection being made - and - you can easily see the dropout and how it affects the data usage (See screenshot attached below)

4. Before issue appears the Electron(s) can publish for days - but after it appeared - even after resetting the modem - it just takes a few hours for the issue to reappear - once even just a few minutes (!!)

Here's screenshot from my third party cellular ISP:

I have also swapped SIM-Cards but that has made no difference. Currently I am going back to Particle.io SIM Card and will have it running.

And I also haven't tested what happens when not putting the device into sleep. But I can remember having done this once with keeping it alive for more than five days - without any dropouts at all.

Also I haven't yet removed NO_ACK - I just want to keep things same to make tests with original SIM Card.

2 Likes