Details on how to push data from Particle device to Blynk

See all the details on how to push data from your Particle device to Blynk by looking at this blog, or the documentation. Feel free to ask me any questions about using the Particle and Blynk together.

Blynk is an IoT Platform that features a no-code mobile app and web dashboard. Using the hardware agnostic low code Blynk library, you can easily connect a Particle device to Blynk and quickly build a Android or iOS mobile app and web dashboard to visualize the data sent from your Particle device. A free plan exists to try it out with no expiration. Learn more about Blynk by reviewing this blog.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this comprehensive overview!

Thanks for sharing, very helpful!

Well done Mark! I liked your project.

Mark, this is awesome! Thanks for putting this together and sharing it here.

A point of curiosity: what is driving the requirement for the Blynk access token to be sent up from the device? I would expect that to be something handled in the cloud-to-cloud layer in our webhook template and was surprised to see it hardcoded in firmware.

The Blynk access token is unique to each device. So the options are:

1. Make one Particle webhook that accepts a Blynk.publish() from any device. Each device will then send to the Particle webhook the Blynk access token. If the Blynk access token is stored in the device firmware (rather than EEPROM or other storage), then it is possible for every device to have the same firmware and use only one Particle webhook.

2. Make a unique Particle webhook that has the Blynk access token for each Particle device. The Particle device doesn’t need to send the Blynk access token (saving cellular data), but it still must reference the unique webhook name with the Particle.publish(), unless that webhook name is stored in device EEPROm or other persistent storage.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.