Connect Particle Argon to Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth

Hi everyone…
I want to communicate argon with Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth (not mesh network). Is that possible for example send temperature value from argon to Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth. I already tried this for argon and xenon.

• For argon: i did not able for join to argon Bluetooth. argon device name dose not shown.
  • For xenon: i was able to see Bluetooth device name (like: xenon-*) but could not flash the code to xenon without argon or Particle Debugger usb.

The bluetooth API hasn’t been released to the public yet. It made Alpha status but the public release shouldn’t be that far off. How were you able to see any Bluetooth device names?

1 Like

on xenon i able to see BLE name. but not on Argon!

yes that true, unluckily we cant connect to Argon!

Hello, I am trying to send a 1.5 Khz signal about 10 meters away to a receiver. I am thinking to use Bluetooth audio streaming with 2 Argons. Is this possible? Would you suggest a better option, please? Thanks

Or can I use Argon as a sender and Raspberry PI Zero as the receiver

Particle Gen 3 devices such as the Argon do not support Bluetooth Audio (A2DP). They only support Bluetooth LE (BLE5), which I don’t think will have a high enough data rate.

Thanks, rickkas7. What are your recommendations