After working on a project for a long time, I can no longer program it Over The Air (only via serial). The problem seems to be that the P1 module is incapable of holding a consistent connection the Particle Cloud. Here is a video showing the Cyan(ish?) blink pattern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7thHz2uFME4
This repeats forever. The P1 is using the 0.6.2 firmware. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this and get OTA back? The connection to the internet is not disturbed when this happens as the device streams realtime data every second to an MQTT server.
I counted 10 seconds cycle for each time the issue happened.
If you flash a empty firmware, is this behavior exhibited as well?
Maybe a Particle.process() is needed somewhere to service the cloud connection stuff.
You can try to “catch” it within the 10 second timeframe and hit flash!
@kennethlimcp If I flash with anything else on the same device, it all works. Calling Particle.process is very likely the thing here, so thanks! I’m 99% certain that’s it.
I thought that would be run automatically as part of the main loop, but I guess it’s not since I’m using MANUAL mode. I had a call to process there earlier, but had forgotten that it was required. Brilliant!
The docs clearly state that in MANUAL mode your application code is responsible for calling Particle.process() regularly.
Yes. Entirely my own fault! I implemented this 1+ month ago and simply forgot it was required :-/