Change 3rd party APN credentials on a Boron

I need to change the 3rd party APN credentials on a couple of Borons that have been shipped to another country. I already have the devices claimed to my account prior to shipping.
The user wants to use a different service provider.
What is the best way to go about this?
Would it be possible to connect the Borons(in DFU mode) to a remote pc and I upload the firmware to alter the credentials through particle cli?
Just a thought.
Otherwise the Borons would need to be shipped back, which is something I prefer to avoid.

This should help you out - https://support.particle.io/hc/en-us/articles/360039741113-3rd-party-SIM-cards
Instructions on how to set it is included.

Thank you @no1089.

I have already set the Birons to use Surfroam 3rd party sim prior to shipping.
The user needs to use a different provider and different APN settings.
This obviously requires to be setup via particle cli again.
I was asking if there is a way to use particle cli from a remote pc, is this even possible?
Have the user connect the Boron via USB and enter dfu mode, then hoping to remotely access his pc so I can run particle cli setup from my side.

You could load an app with the new APN:

#include "Particle.h"

#include "dct.h"

SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC);

void setup() {
	Cellular.setActiveSim(EXTERNAL_SIM);
	Cellular.setCredentials("epc.tmobile.com");

// This clears the setup done flag on brand new devices so it won't stay in listening mode
	const uint8_t val = 0x01;
    dct_write_app_data(&val, DCT_SETUP_DONE_OFFSET, 1);

// This is just so you know the operation is complete
	pinMode(D7, OUTPUT);
	digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);
}

void loop() {
}

:point_up: That should do it :slight_smile: If you still have connectivity, you can add it to an OTA, but be careful that you don’t make a mistake and have the device fall offline.

The end-user can also flash a new binary via the CLI using particle flash --usb newAPN.bin for example.

Teamviewer and the CLI installed on the remote PC should work too :smiley:

So I can flash the above code(with correct APN credentials), insert new sim card, then it will connect to the cloud to flash new code?