Category definition for Troubleshooting

If you’re having trouble with your Particle device or the Particle Cloud, here’s the place to get help.

If you’re reporting an issue related to a device, please try to include as much detail as possible:

• Device type: Core, Photon, P1, Electron , etc…
  • Firmware version installed on the device
  • Firmware flashed from: Build, Dev, CLI, make
  • Firmware source code, or relevant parts if it’s large
  • Steps to reproduce the issue
  • Steps you’ve already tried to circumvent the issue
  • Did something change that caused the problem? firmware upgrade, flashed new application firmware, doesn’t work on Mondays.

:smile:

1st time user with Photon.
Opened it up, seamed to setup fairly easily but my Android app does not fully function.
I can see the Photon, flash Tinker but when trying something simple like setting up D0 as a digitalwrite it does not turn on (in the app) nor does it trigger the Photon.

A user by default may trigger a webhook up to 10 times per minute for every device that is registered to their account.

How can we change the default 10/per minute to a higher value?>

1 Like

hola yo tengo un problema con la particle photon . ke envio el codigo a la tarjeta y se carga con exito el codigo pero en mi smartphone no me funciona la app no me muestra el interface de la tarjeta y por ende no puedo ejecutarlo

Hi there
My Argon is working OK, but I can’t flash my code permanently. Before one year we had flashed an old code. Now I try to flash a new one using the Web IDE. The code is compiled OK, is flashed to Argon OK, the Argon next to this is running the new code OK but for a while. After a few seconds, the Argon start to blink magenta, then reboot and when is again connected to cloud the new code is lost. I can see on the Console data published related to the old code, as well as some error messages like ERROR EM: I2CSPI ERROR :3, ERROR EM: I2CSPI Fault pending, re-init, etc. etc.
I’m sorry but I couldn’t be more precise in my description due to so many new terms, on which I’m still not experienced.
Please note that I can’t flash the new code using the Particle Workbench either Local or Cloud.
I also can’t execute the Setup or DFU using the Particle CLI.
I did all necessary updates and my OS is Win10-64bit.
Thanks for any help

For some reason can’t post a separate topic.

I’m having issues with my Argon, was following the webhook tutorial (https://docs.particle.io/tutorials/device-cloud/webhooks/), I flashed the example webhook firmware code and have been unable to get control of my device (ie flash something else) since. Not sure if it’s related to the delay() calls?

I’ve tried resetting it, putting it into safe mode (it ends up exiting safemode by itself and running the webhook code). I’ve reclaimed the device (just in case), I’ve tried the cli hoping I code flash it via usb (but seems you can only flash via cloud, which times out).

Not sure what else to do, please help!