All, I will be creating a carrier board for the Boron to support outdoor use. Here are the main items I plan to include:
- Temp sensor in case I need to control LiPo charging
- External watchdog timer - connect to either Enable or !RST
- Single - button on / off so you can leave the battery and power plugged in
- The ability for the device to power-cycle itself
- ESD and fuse protection
- Headers for i2c, SPI and IO
- Big capacitor on DC-IN to support Solar Powered use case
Please take a look. Comments are welcome. I will also be trying Cadlab.io to facilitate collaboration.
Here is a start of the layout, I also created a library for the Boron footprint on the carrier.