Boron serial issues where Argon & Electron work fine

I am trying to get some firmware running on the LTE boron, and am running into some issues. The code is the same for these devices with the exception of Cellular/wifi connection functions settings being different. The Particle device communicates with an ESP8266 via serial, and making use of @rickkas7 's excellent serialBuffer code. I dug through the datasheets to see if there was some hardware difference but I cant find any that would be relevant here (D2 and D3 are not being used for communication so that isn’t it). Does anyone have any idea why there would be communication differences between the Electron/Argon and the Boron? Once the device finishes it’s connection/startup routine, it powers on the ESP and begins communications, but with the boron, this communications line seems to just never establish correctly.

@ParticleD, or @mstanley are you able to assist?

Opening or posting on multiple threads with virtually the same question is not appreciated in this community.
I have answered on your other thread and there you marked my answer as solution, hence I'll lock and hide this thread.
Any further discussion should be held over there