I am trying to detect when my Boron goes offline due to loss of power. I have set up symmetric IFTTT status monitor applets to send a gmail when triggered. When I plug in the unit, I get an gmail. and an online event is listed in the event logs. When I disconnect the power, nothing happens. No email and nothing in the event logs. However, when I then reconnect, I get a new ‘online’ event PLUS an err - 21 event.


Here is the raw detail on the error:

My guess is that this err in the log represents the device going offline. My tentative theory is that the data shown in the event log is what Particle sends to IFTTT. When it sends a clean ‘online’ to IFTTT. the email triggers. But when it sends the raw device error data and not a clean ‘offline’, IFTTT does not trigger the email. I get the exact same event log pattern when I cycle the power on and off to my Argon board.
Searching the forums shows this is not unique to my situation but most of the messages are from 3-4 years ago. Was the problem fixed and has now reappeared? If it has never worked, should Particle remove the offline status trigger? Anyone have a work around?