BORON LTE blinking green, Mexico

So I just passed the point where the latest firmware has been uploaded OTA BLE to the Boron from my phone.

The SIM has been activated and it’s blinking green but no connection to the cloud yet. It keeps blinking green.

I thought Particle Carrier for LTE CAT M1 was AT&T whom also operates in Mexico and Mexico City has plenty of coverage.

I’m I missing something?

Thanks

Unfortunately LTE Cat M1 is not available in Mexico at this time.

Orders that contained a Boron LTE should have received an email warning about that and an offer to switch to the 2G/3G, as originally we thought LTE Cat M1 would be available in Mexico.

Do you have an estimate on when it will be working?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don’t have any availability date information yet.

OK, thanks!

Hi! I am also interested in using a Boron LTE M1 in Mexico. I was wondering if it is possible to use a 3rd-party SIM like it is possible with the Electron. Currently, Mexico does have LTE M1 through AT&T (coverage may vary by city, but it is definitely available in most places)

Thanks!

You may be able to use the Boron LTE in Mexico following the 3rd-party SIM instructions.

This is intended only for using the Boron LTE as a standalone device, not as a mesh gateway.

It’s not possible to set up a Boron LTE as a mesh gateway using the mobile app with a 3rd-party SIM card at this time. There is a workaround, however you must also have an Ethernet FeatherWing.

That’s great news. I intend to use the Boron as a standalone device for my application. I will give it a shot and post my findings in case it’s of help to someone else.

Thanks you!