Bluetooth SIG certification?

I was wondering if you will certify the different modules and SoM:s with Bluetooth SIG so everyone using them in products does not have to certify the modules?

// Eric

My understanding is that even if Particle has their modules officially qualified, you still need to have your end product qualified and then pay the SIG to be able to use the Bluetooth trademark.

Others can chime in if I’m incorrect here.

-AD

Exactly, it would be nice to only have to do Path 1 in your first link and not have to do the hardware qualification on a subsystem that we can’t change if there are any problems with it.

// Eric

Not sure how Particle can help us out here.

As a reputable supplier, I’m sure they’ll have their device/module(s) tested & blessed by the SIG. Having said that, if you go and design it into your IoT catbox and I design the same module it into my Smart Bidet™ we still have different end products.

My read of the SIG rules is that we both have to register our end products, even if compliance testing is not required. That registration costs money and I don’t think Particle can shield us from that obligation & expense.

-AD