Battery and Solar Panels for 12V motor controlled by Photon

I can but those solar panels you just found are superior to what I have when it comes to weight and flexibility. If you want the lowest weight then I would recommend going with these.

I honestly have no idea when these will be finished. I would recommend just building out the rover using the individual parts as you were originally planning since it will allow maximum flexibility while providing maximum performance at the same time.

I would recommend the 30w panels you linked to above since they will provide the lowest weight to power ratio.

1 Like

(@rocksetta's post moved here on request)

That would be great if you could donate those @RWB did you get my school address? I sent it to [redacted]. I will send it to [redacted] if you did not get it.

Any idea of a timeline and final cost for your smallest LiFePO4 12V charging system?

I found another set of 40 W solar panels that may work well for my Rover with both 5V USB and 18V DC for $150 USD. It should work well with the PortableSolarPower charging system and the Photon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018TY8WWG/ref=twister_B01HZ74DNU?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Any reason to like or dislike this setup?

Here is a source for the solar panels, they can custom the solar panels with USB port or any size of the panel. I just purchased a solar charger for my motor, it is about USD0.7 per watt.
If you need any help, just let me know.