I’m hoping someone can help me with a question. I want to implement the following end-to-end functionality with an Electron module and Azure IoT Hub integration:
- Electron module publishes an event with data
- Particle console pushes event to Azure IoT Hub via the integration
- IoT Hub handles the event and stuffs the data into a database
- IoT Hub sends an ACK to confirm the event data has reached it’s final destination
- Electron module receives the ACK and deletes the data locally
I’m interested in the bolded part. I want to know that the data has been received and processed by the IoT Hub before deleting it from the Electron module.
However, looking at the Particle integration for Azure Iot Hubs, it says “Azure IoT Hub integrations do not return any data for devices to receive.”
So to my question, is there a way to implement some type of ACK using the Azure IoT Hub integration? Or do I have to use a webhook integration to get a response back to the Electron module?
Thanks for any help.