Ability to change network and/or tower?

I'm using a Particle Boron 404 in my test unit. My unit on hand is trying to connect to T-Mobile and a specific tower ever time. Signal strength, etc. weak. Is there a way to select another network and/or tower? My other test device is in another state and is connecting to AT&T with no issues. I'm near Chicago with plenty of network coverage but wondering if Particle gives us any flexibility. Any help would be much appreciated.

It is not possible to steer connections to a specific carrier or tower. This is controlled by the combination of the SIM card and cellular modem hardware, not by Device OS.

One device is picking AT&T and the other is picking T-Mobile. The tower it is hitting on T-Mobile side has a terrible connection. Is there any way to fix this issue?

I bought my Borons in batches of 5. Any way to determine what sim cards are in them? Since I was buying in batches, was I getting a mix of different carriers or is it using an eSim where it can pick different carrier based on conditions? I have heard I can send a command to change the tower, at minimum.

It has the EtherSim. So there has to be a way to get it from picking an awful tower and network in a densely populated area. I heard I can do a caps command to handle this.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.