Particle iOS-SDK Video Tutorial Series

Hey all, Demented here coming out with a new series on how to use XCode and Swift with the Particle iOS-SDK. The initial setup is well worth the watch and I was pulling my hair out at first. More to come this week

7 Likes
7 Likes

Thanks for this initiative!
I’d love to try this out some day when I can find the time…
:+1:

This is great @demented, thanks a lot for creating it and sharing with our community!

@demented, this is great! I followed the video and the project work flawless.

Excellent demo.

Thank you.

@demented, this is great!

Have you tried using the Tinker App from github? I can’t seem to get it to work. I fix some errors with manually copying .h/.m files into the Pod directory. But now I am stuck with a “KeychainItemWrapper.h” file not found error. The funny thing is the “KeychainItemWrapper.h” file is one folder up [Helper], I then place the "KeychainItemWrapper.h"file in the same folder as the file showing the error. Still the same error. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mo

I will take a look into the app not working. I know I downloaded it from GitHub to try it out a while back and it compiled correctly. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I’ll try to make a presence on the forums again as well, I’ve been busy with work. Having a hard time juggling school, work and then side projects

2 Likes

@demented,

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you.

I totally understand. You post some great stuff, so when you are here we appreciate it!

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting a Swift-coded iOS app to work, but I just stumbled across this excellent video.

However, XCode and Swift have changed a bit since this video was first posted. So, before I start down the path to another frustrating dead-end, does anybody know of a more up-to-date video that is just as good OR a list of differences that need to be accounted for in order for things to work with this tutorial?

Please let me know and thanks in advance!