What's the ETA for Sleep() for BoronLTE/Xenon/Argon?

argon
xenon
boron
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1ca1aafa18> #<Tag:0x00007f1ca1aaf8b0> #<Tag:0x00007f1ca1aaf720>

Hello,

The reference documentation for BoronLTE/Argon/Xenon state the following:

The sleep modes described here are for the Photon and Electron. Updated documentation with details for mesh devices will be provided soon. At the time of writing (Device OS 0.8.0-rc.27), sleep modes are not implemented for mesh devices yet.

Is there an ETA for when Sleep() will be implemented for BoronLTE/Argon/Xenon? We have a field project that can’t be deployed without Sleep(), are there any workarounds in the meantime?

Any help is appreciated!

You can use an external Timer (TPL5110, TPL5111, etc) and the Enable Pin on Gen3.

First quarter of 2019 for the release of sleep mode support. Some of the simpler modes might be available sooner than that.

You could also try https://github.com/particle-iot/device-os/tree/feature/gen3-stop-mode and report back or add to the conversation of the PR if you find issues… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’ll be fun with short sleep periods and data cost for cellular reconnects :wink:

I’d like to try this - how can I install this firmware?
Thanks,
Peter

There should be a new Device OS release with sleep mode support within next next few weeks.

Thanks!
I heard D8 will be the equivalent to WKP - any other documentation you can share?
Thanks,
Peter

Is D8 for WKP confirmed? WKP isn’t mentioned in the Argon datasheet.

Yes, for SLEEP_MODE_DEEP, rising D8 ends sleep mode, resets the device, and starts execute of STARTUP, setup, and finally loop.

Thanks for the quick reply @rickkas7

As of the release of v090 yesterday, sleep modes are supported for Gen 3 hardware.

closed #13

archived #14