What library is Cellular available in?

I’m just start with Particle (Photon and Electron).

For the Electron I see that we have a Cellular class. I can’t seem to find the library I need to include in my program. Frankly, I can’t seem to find the library for any of the classes that are documented, so I’m sure I’m missing something really simple. Still finding mt way around the site.

I’d also like to know how I can find sample for specific boards (Photon, Electron etc.) ? I see that I can search for applications and libraries in the Web Build UI, but I don’t know how to filter by board.

@shiv, what’s the purpose of accessing the Cellular class?

For things to work out of the box, the header files have been included in the base firmware by default for users.

What kind of sample are you looking for? Most applications work across the board (literally the dev boards) with some minor tweaks like WiFi vs Cellular.

@kennethlimcp, I’m attempting to use AT commands for sending SMS initially, and then some of the other functions that are not exposed.

I’m also wondering if there is a plan to expose SMS and Voice functionality through the libraries rather than only “data”?

On another note…I figured that there should be no difference WRT “data” between the Photon and Electron. But I find that something I have that works on the Photon doesn’t work on the Electron and now my electron is in a state where I can’t flash it anymore. Probably start another thread for that.

There is a difference in the transport layer. The WiFi connected devices communicate via TCP and the cellular Electron via UDP to keep packets small and data consumption low.

The other thread is here
Electron can't connect to MQTT Broker