Unable to publish without consistent delay [SOLVED]

@mtnscott the worst thing is the hard reset each time I flash the core with a new delay (1 sec to 15 sec no differences).
I’m looking forward to your test, thank you.

Hi @mtnscott,

We’re getting ready to release webhooks at the end of the sprint, which will let the Spark Cloud make a request for you to some service or app when you publish an event from your core(s), which should make it easier to store and react to events from your core. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

1 Like

So @Dave it’s not possible to do both currently?
I’ll wait for the end of the sprint!

I was re-reading your code above–it is really “Delay()” with a capital-D? The Wiring function in Spark is lower-case-D “delay()”. What happens when you change to “delay(1000);”?

Having both Spark.variables() and Spark.publish() is definitely possible!

1 Like

Hi @Barabba,

I’m not sure what you mean? Do you mean performing a POST request from the core itself while also publishing events? I think that should be possible, but it’s certainly easier to use something like a webhook for certain kinds of requests, especially when you’re hitting a https service.

Thanks,
David

@Barabba - I was able to get this up and running in google drives with a spreadsheet polling the Spark variable every minute. It has been up and running for 10 mins and I have not experience any problems.

@Dave - webhooks sounds great. Can’t wait to test and learn more!

Exactly POST or GET requests while publishing. But webhooks could be definitely a killer feature!

@bko - It’s working! Lower case delay was the solution, but why is it possible to call Delay without compile errors? Now I’m publishing every 5 seconds sending GET requests without any kind of connection loss.

Thank you everybody.

1 Like

Hi @Barabba

Glad to hear it is working now!

I opened a github issue so the team can try prevent this type of thing in the future: