Spark handshake SSL error

Hi

I just tried to use local cloud server. Set up new keys but got following error:

Handshake decryption error:  [Error: error:0406506C:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPT:data greater than mod len]
1: Core disconnected: decryption failed { coreID: 'unknown', cache_key: '_437' }
Session ended for _437
Handshake failed:  decryption failed { ip: 'xx.xx.xx.xx', cache_key: '_437', coreID: null }
Connection from: xx.xx.xx.xx, connId: 439
Handshake decryption error:  [Error: error:0406506C:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPT:data greater than mod len]
1: Core disconnected: decryption failed { coreID: 'unknown', cache_key: '_438' }
Session ended for _438

Does someone know how to fix it or how to heal my spark.

1 Like

Hi @markopraakli,

Sounds like there is a key mismatch somewhere, can you double check that your core has the right “.der” file copy of your server’s key, and your server has the key for your core? Can you post your full terminal command history for loading / setting keys?

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hello folks, how's the progress on this issue.

I encountered exactly same issue, and I felt the exception is caused by the unencoded data passed into read_coreid function when handling incoming request, which cause the problem of

Error: error:0406506C:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPT:data greater than mod len

For my case: the handshake can be done successfully when core tries to connect to local cloud. However the handshake issues will occur when subsequent request is coming.

Cheers!