I’ve got a setup with the Spark Core, that runs 3 different motors (2 DC motors using the Pololu DRV8801 driver and 1 stepper motor using the Pololu DRV8825 driver). I’m using the AccelStepper library to handle the stepper motor. In a previous thread (Spark Core + AccelStepper Library problems) I was told that the permanent to the Cloud drains a huge amount of the performance. So I used SYSTEM_MODE(MANUAL); and that solved most of the problems.
Now I have a PWM based speed control of all of my motors. When I’m using the AUTOMATIC system mode, the DC motors can be controlled perfectly fine and the stepper motor is running slow as hell. When I put in the MANUAL mode, the stepper motor is just fine, and can be controlled with my potentiometers perfectly … BUT there is a problem with the DC motors. When I turn the potentiometer for the DC motors, It only takes a few degrees of turning the potentiometer to enable the full speed on the DC motor. So it does NOT use the full range of motion of the potentiometer. So maybe after 10% of turning the potentiometer the DC motor has its full speed, and the rest of the turning of the potentiometer the speed stays the same.
And this is somehow related to the MANUAL system mode.
Here you can find my code:
Hope you can understand my description. I can provide videos and pictures if you need them.
Thank you very much!