We’ve been using the sleep with several wakeup pins call for months now. But I’ve just struck some weirdness that’s not in the docs.
- I set D4 to pullup:
- It correctly interrupts when connected to GND
- I sleep (standby) with Electron set to wake on D4 and other pins
- Connecting D4 to GND does not wake the Electron
- Connecting D4 to 3V3 does wake the Electron
- Now that it’s awake again D4 still only fires when connected to 3V3
So it appears we can’t wake on a pin that needs a built-in pullup resistor, and if we do it’s pull up/down state is reset. Is this expected? If so it should really be documented.
One more piece of weirdness with the wake pins. We have been using D5 as a (pulldown) wake input for months out in the field with no issues. But I’ve just noticed while researching the above problem that D5 is not listed as a supported pin for external interrupt when waking from standby: https://prerelease-docs.particle.io/reference/device-os/firmware/electron/#sleep-sleep- But it definitely works. Am I OK using this?
This is with DeviceOS 1.1.0.