Skycons Library (Mostly) Ported

I have been working on a port of the JavaScript Skycons library off and on, but finally have something to show for it. It’s incomplete and not optimized at all, but I wanted to put what I have out there for everyone to play with and hack on. There more’s in the README (copy-pasted below). The library is not (yet) published for the web IDE, but if there are any intrepid souls that would like to give it a try, you can get the code from https://github.com/wgbartley/particle-skycons.

particle-skycons

Animated demo
* Note the screen refresh line you see in the animated gif is from the recorded video–it’s not apparent to the human eye.

About

A port of the popular Skycons JavaScript library to the Particle Photon (and possibly other Arduino-compatible microcontrollers).

This library is very much a work in progress. As of the initial publish (v0.0.1), it does not have the windy or fog icons completed. It is definitely not optimal or optimized. Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially if you could help make this extend the Adafruit GFX library instead of the SSD1306 so that this library can be used on many different types of displays.

What You Need

• A Particle Photon (or other compatible device)
  • An SSD1306 OLED display

How to Use

This library extends the Adafruit SSD1306 library (here or here), so you will need to use it and its Adafruit GFX dependency.

Static Images

Sunny
Sunny

Cloudy
Cloudy

Moon/Clear Night
Moon

Cloudy Night
Cloudy Night

Partly Sunny
Partly Sunny

Rain
Rain

Sleet
Sleet

Snow
Snow

10 Likes

Very nice work @wgbartley. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like