Sending Text/SMS with Electron

Right now that's probably stop sleep with SLEEP_NETWORK_STANDBY. You could set the RI_UC pin to wake the device, and then do a check for unread messages (polling) or rely on the sms_received handler to inform you of new messages. Then check for your "wakeup" message if you want to do it that way.

That's been my observation, that SMS messages are queued in the network if your device is offline. If you have the modem off though, you won't be able to wake up the device by sending the text. You need to keep the modem on, and have a mode of operation that will allow you to wake the device from sleep.

"cellular tower handshake" is different than "particle cloud handshake". The system will now resume it's session after deep sleep instead of the long cloud handshake (0.6.x) :smile: We're working on reviewing and merging 0.6.x PRs now.

1 Like

Yes but requires a 3rd party SIM @Mjones

1 Like

@BDub Thanks again for the advice!

Looking forward to the 0.6.0 firmware. I’ll probably wait for that since I’m caught up with work for the next 45 days anyways. Love that the firmware is being polished up now that Electron is out the door.